Davidson River Campground is nestled just inside the Pisgah National Forest and only 3 miles away from the beautiful town of Brevard, NC. The campground runs along Davidson River, a great place for fishing, tubing, and swimming, and is considered one of the premier trout fishing spots in the southeast. From here you can hike the Art Loeb and North Slope Trails, and right across the street you’ll find all the information you need to recreate in the forest at the Pisgah Ranger Station. Eclectic Asheville, NC is only 45 minutes away, while Charlotte and Atlanta are only a few hours from this incredible spot. Be sure to check out our other campgrounds at North Mills River and Lake Powhatan.
Camping in NC ensures you’ll have an amazing vacation!
- Campground open year round
- Weekend family programs run Memorial Day - Halloween
- 144 campsites for both tents and RV's - most of which are well shaded
- One full loop with electric hook-ups available year round
- Picnic tables, tent pads, fire rings & lantern poles
- Hot showers and flush toilets
- Several campground loops with river access
- Firewood and ice available on site
- Dump Station
Safety in bear country begins before you stay in the campground or hit the trail. Here are a few tips!
*Federal Interagency Senior/Access discounts only apply to single standard site rate. Does not apply to any other items or services. Card holder must be present on site to use discount.
Cash, checks, and credit cards accepted at this facility.
- Single Campsite: $22.00 (Maximum Occupancy: 8 persons, 2 cars)
- Double Campsite: $44.00 (Maximum Occupancy: 16 persons, 4 cars)
- Electric: $6.00/day
- Electric, Water & Sewer: $9.00/day
- 3rd Vehicle: $5.00/day (park in overflow)
Things to Do
- Schedule a private hiking or waterfall tour with the Pisgah Field School
- Pisgah Ranger Station and Visitors Center/Gift Shop
- Sliding Rock
- Hiking and Biking Trails including Estatoe, Exercise, North Slope and Andy Cove
- Art Loeb Trail
- Fishing with Davidson River Outfitters
- Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education and Fish Hatchery
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Brevard Music Center
1 Davidson River Circle (MAILING ADDRESS ONLY)
Pisgah Forest, NC 28768
GPS: 35°16’58.06″N, 82°43’16.92″W
GPS Adress: 1346 Pisgah Highway
Elevation: 2,150 FEET