Winter Camping Information
Davidson River and Lake Powhatan are operating under winter hours and policies from November 1, 2018 through March 31, 2019. The gatehouses’ are closed. Refer to the instructions below (also posted at the gatehouse) for walk-in camping fees. If you have a reservation, please proceed to your campsite where a campground host will check in with you. To contact winter staff directly, email firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
Winter Fee Payment Instructions:
1) Occupy your campsite, note the number, and return to the gatehouse within 30 minutes. A “Reserved” sign will be displayed on the campsite post if another party has already reserved the site.
2) Fill out the envelope, and enclose the fee.
3) Detach the stub from the envelope, and display it on your dashboard or the campsite post.
4) Deposit the envelope in the fee tube.
5) Enjoy your stay, and thank you for visiting your National Forest.